- Read as much as I can, I hope at least 7 books
- Read at least 100 pages a day
- Participate in the Twitter Chat on Saturday
- Visit blogs of fellow participants
- Participate in the daily Challenges
- Have fun! That’s my most important one 😉
Books I want to read
I hope I can at least read these 7 books:
- Insurgent by Veronica Roth
- Het Geheim van de Witte Wolvin by Henri Loevenbruck
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer
- The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson
- Het Huwelijkscontract by Jennifer Probst
- City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
- Adorkable by Sarra Manning
Updates for Monday
Number of books I’ve read today: 1 (City of Bones)
Number of pages I’ve read today: 5 pages of City of Bones
Total number of books I’ve finished: 0
Total pages read: 5
Total books read: 0
Plan on reading more tomorrow? HELL YEAH!
First day and I only manage to read 5 lousy pages in between all the things I had planned. Very disappointed in me. Tomorrow will be better!
Challenge Day #1
Today’s challenge is hosted by Lor @ Writing My Own Fairytale and she came up with a couple of fun questions for us to answer. Here are mine 🙂
1. How do you organize your shelves?
At the moment I don’t organize. Too many books, way too little room and not enough time to sort out which books I want to keep and which ones can go. Therefore plenty of book piles across my room. Hope that soon I’ll find enough time to clean up my room. Before that I organized my shelves by the height of the book. Tallest ones first and series together. Even if the height is not the same. Although that does irk me. A lot. However, it would annoy me more if series aren’t standing together.
2. What is one of your favorite books that’s not in one of your favorite genres?
Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison (in Dutch: Heksen & Demonen 😉 ). I’m not a big fan of Urban Fantasy, not at all. There’s not enough focus on romance and the UF I’ve read up till now don’t really have female characters I like. They are all a bit too much kick-ass, too independent for my taste. So I tend to avoid this genre if I can. Imagine my surprise when I discovered this book, started to read it reluctantly and loved it to death by the end. Jenks is amazing, Rachel is amazing, the story is amazing and the world is amazing. What more can a girl want? Since then I’ve tried a couple of times more to read a UF, but to no avail. Except for this book, they just don’t suite my taste.
3. What is the last 5 star book you read?
That would be Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. Fantastic story, amazing world and superb main character. Coincidentally, my review of this totally amazing book will come out tomorrow (in Dutch though), so if you want to find out why I loved it so much? Stick around!
4. What book are you most excited to read during the read-a-thon?
The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson! Read so much good reviews that I’m dying to find out if everything those people wrote is true. Therefore this will be the last of the seven books I picked. Great motivation 😉
5. What book do you recommend the most?
Song of the Summer King by Jess E. Owen. I recommend this book because it’s one of the most incredible books I’ve read up till now. It completely blew me away. And I recommend this because it’s self-published. So no big publisher is making a lot of effort to get this book out there and that’s such a shame. This book deserves to be read!
Come and read along! You can still sign up and participate 🙂